I thought I would take a moment to write up a blog post detailing out what I think we will see in the next couple of years for mobile phones and tablets.
- Extremely portable and lightweight
- Good touchscreen input, so I don’t need a physical keyboard most of the time
- App store!
- Instant on
As long as this new class of computers can hit the 4 items I like about the iPad, it could really cause some disruption in that market.
What about the cloud?
- Tablets and laptops merge as Window 8 targets both and iOS merges with OSX.
- Cloud based operating systems replace standard OSes and virtualize apps by streaming them to users.
- Decrease in need for web apps, since streaming binary apps replace that niche.